Montpellier is the capital of the Region Languedoc-Roussilon to which belong 6 sites of the UNESCO world heritage (see the site Destination Sud de France).
Montpellier is a capital of the culture with 2 operas, a national orchestra, numerous theaters, one of the most beautiful museums of Europe (Fabre museum), numerous international festivals (dance, cinema, music).
Montpellier has the eldest faculty of the western world still in activity. It is the 5th research city in France. The two universities and several research institutes host nearly 70000 students.
A developing international airport
Montpellier Méditerranée Airport is located about a 15-minutes drive from the town center.
Every year between 3 and 4 new cities are added to the airport destinations. Passengers were about 1.500.000 in 2015 and 2.500.000 are expected by 2020.
The airport offers a mix of legacy and low cost companies and is served by 17 airlines: AirFrance, SAS, Germania, British Airways, Aer Lingus, Eurowings, KLM, Easyjet, Ryanair, Air Algerie, Royal Air Maroc, Air Arabia, Norvegian.com, Transavia, Volotea, Chalair, Hop!
The airport shuttle is an easy link between the Montpellier city center and the airport, with a journey time of 15 minutes. The airport shuttle departure is easily reachable from the train station or the different hotels via tramway (T1 or T4).
- Amsterdam, Brussels, Copenhagen, Frankfurt, London, Madrid, Alger, Oran
Direct flights to 4 international hubs :
- 2 hubs in France : Paris & Lyon (450 flights to 20 countries)
- 2 hubs in Europe : Amsterdam to Asia and North America & Madrid to Latin America, Africa, Spain and the Islands
Attractive discounts on a wide range of fares on all Air France and KLM flights worldwide.
Log on to the event website directly via : http://globalmeetings.airfranceklm.com
Event : ICPS 2018
Event ID Code to keep for the booking: 32534AF
Valid Departure Dates : 29/07/2018 - 03/08/2018
The train station and all other forms of transport (trams, bus, taxi) are all just a stone’s throw away from the city center!
TGV and RENFE: Direct access right to the heart of Montpellier!
More information on: voyages-sncf.com
Montpellier is served by A9/ A709 and A75 motorways.
- Sortie Nord (28): access to the Amazonian Greenhouse, Lunaret Zoo, hospitals and universities.
- Sortie Est (29): access to the historical center, Montpellier Tourist Office, Le Corum Conference Center, Millénaire business district, Zénith Sud auditorium, Odysseum leisure and shopping center, and the Montpellier Arena & Exhibition Center
- Sortie Ouest (30): access to Yves du Manoir stadium, La Mosson stadium
- Sortie Sud (31): access to the Montpellier Saint-Roch train station ("gare" in French)
- Competent motor coach suppliers
For huge events, each company may work together to provide as many coaches as required.
4 tramway lines serve Montpellier and 6 surrounding cities :
- line 1 (blue with swallows) from Mosson to Odysseum,
- line 2 (colorful flowers) from Jacou to Saint Jean de Védas.
- line 3 designed by Christian Lacroix, from Juvignac to Lattes and Pérols (nearby the sea)
- line 4a and 4b (launched in 2016) designed by Christian Lacroix (town center of Montpellier)
The Lines 1, 2 and 4 go through to the Corum
City network of bicycles rental stations Connected to other soft transports (bus, tramway)
TaM Vélomagg’ Bicycle rental offers from Montpellier Méditerranée Métropole : nearly 50 bike stations to enjoy some 120 km of bike paths. Discover the city by bike! Rental station available at the Montpellier Tourist Office. Vélomagg self-service bike rentals gives you access to bicycles 24 hours a day, every day, for up to 24 consecutive hours. more information : TAM Agencies
*Green line : Bicycle path
Looking for a local taxi, please dial: +33 4 67 52 10 10
T.R.A.M. Taxi will quickly find you a taxi
More info: www.taxi-tram.fr
The federation of taxis of the 34 is aware of the important flows during the congress to allow you to easily find a taxi